- Zeer ruim assortiment
- Verzending 1-2 werkdagen
- Niet tevreden, geld terug
- Ruilen binnen 14 dagen
This pilgrimage walk celebrates Orkney's patron saint, Magnus, some 900 years after his martyrdom. The 60-mile St Magnus Way has it all: manageable daily distances, stunning coastal vistas, unique wildlife, tidal islands, historic interest and great variety of terrain. It starts from the site of Magnus' martyrdom on Egilsay and culminates at his cathedral in Orkney's capital Kirkwall.
For cyclists, the 67-mile (108 km) St Magnus Cycleway visits the same places as the Way. However it runs almost wholly on tarmac and is readily split into two circuits of 27 and 40 miles respectively (44 km and 64 km respectively).
This essential trail guide contains all you need to plan your visit on foot or bike:
- Foreword by Magnus Linklater
- Biography of St Magnus and his cathedral
- Planning info for travel by car, ferry and plane
- Richly illustrated sections on history, geology and wildlife
- Visit info for museums, distilleries and the World Heritage Site
- Concise step-by-step directions
- 14 pages with route mapping at 1:30,000
- In full colour, with 101 photos.